Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Pantone-Inspired Spring Color Challenge - Lemon Zest

Day three of the Pantone-Inspired Spring Color Challenge hosted by Heidi and Marissa. It's Lemon Zest today! That's right, one of my favourite of favourite of colours to wear!


This colour seems to be in trend here in Australia too, as I'm finding it everywhere! I paired it with my rhinestone embellished black shirt. I love rhinestone collars but I feel they usually look a bit too rebellious on me. I am hardly one to live a rebel lifestyle (at least not yet anyway). Wearing this intensity of yellow with it though I think lessens the it's tough-guy edge somewhat.  I do admit, even with the added colour, this shirt does still bring out a bit of an inner rebel.

Today's rebellious activities I blame on the shirt:

Turning up the volume to max on my headphones



Tinkering with the time on my watch



Drinking my breakfast smoothie straight from the jug!



Refusing to water the plants until midday.




Running amuck with the Autumn leaves



Rebelling against the rebel look with some bow flats.


It was a warmer Autumn day here so I think this passes as a Spring outfit! After today's activities though am a little concerned to pull this out again later in the year.

T-Shirt: Myers
Black Shirt: ICE
Skirt: Katies
Shoes: Harris Scarf
Watch: DKNY

Join us this week at the linkup at either Heidi or Maissa's blog and try out the latest season's trends!




literate & stylish



                                                                 Linking up also with


pleated poppy

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I don't think I could pull off the rebellious look quite like you can :) You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)) Your pictures are always so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love that you led your own private rebellion. I might have to try that soon! Your yellow shirt is awesome and I love, love your necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahah i love it, this bright shade of yellow definitely gives of a bold impression! you definitely wear it well!

    heidi @ literate & stylish

    ReplyDelete